*Full results of November 24th’s matches at the CCI International JSW Indian Squash Circuit Tournament can be seen at the end of this article*
Mahesh Mangaonkar — India’s 65th ranked on the professional squash circuit — concedes to Sixth Seed and 35th ranked Scotsman Alan Clyde at the CCI International JSW Indian Squash Circuit tournament on November 24th.
Mahesh Mangaonkar PSA Ranking: http://www.squashinfo.com/players/3760-mahesh-mangaonkar
India’s Mahesh had hopes of flying past his rival, Clyne, when he was injured halfway through the first round contest at the 20 minute mark.
Mahesh was trailing Clyne by two games but was looking forward to bridging the gap during the tournament held at the Cricket Club of India (CCI) and had come through the qualifying rounds impressively.
The top seed, Egypt’s Fares Dessouky, ranked 18th in the world and led other seeds into Round Two with a 3-0 victory in a 37 minute match, beating Finland’s Olli Tuominen.
Fares Dessouky PSA Ranking: http://www.squashinfo.com/players/4693-fares-dessouky
However, India was not out of the game yet. Multiple-time National Champion Saurav Ghosal came back from a first game loss and beat Ivan Yuen of Malaysia, 3-1. The Indian champion was ranked 23rd and was the tournament’s fourth seed.
CCI International JSW Indian Squash Circuit / Nov. 24th, 2016
(6) Alan Clyne (SCO) defeated Mahesh Mangaonkar (IND) 11-7 11-2 5-3 (Mangaonkar retired with injury)
(7) Lucas Serme (FRA) defeated Joel Makin (WAL) 11-8, 13-15, 11-8, 11-8
(3) Chris Simpson (ENG) defeated Campbell Grayson (NZL) 8-11, 11-9, 12-10, 11-9
(5) Nicolas Mueller (SUI) defeated Jaymie Haycocks (ENG) 11-6, 11-6, 11-8
(1) Fares Dessouky (EGY) beat Olli Tuominen (FIN) 11-9, 11-6, 11-7